The AXA Drive Coach app, an innovative contribution to safer driving, now on the Apple Watch
As of the 24th of April 2015, the AXA Drive Coach mobile app will be available on the Apple Watch in France and the UK. AXA Drive Coach is a mobile application available for all drivers to help them analyze, understand and improve their driving behav“We are delighted to be able to offer innovative prevention services in a timely manner, in this case right at the launch of the Apple Watch. We strongly believe that leveraging innovative digital tools is key today in efficiently engaging people to promote road safety, as these tools significantly raise their awareness of potentially risky driving habits. We look forward to working with Apple to make AXA Drive Coach available on the Apple Watch in many more countries”, said Frederic Tardy, Chief Marketing and Distribution Officer of the AXA Group.
How will it work?
- Once downloaded onto the iPhone of the driver, AXA Drive Coach connects with the owner’s Apple Watch to deliver a simple yet efficient experience.
- From this moment, the application runs on the Apple Watch without disturbing the driver, enabling the application to start and stop directly from their wrist.
- At the end of the journey, AXA Drive Coach displays the driving score on the Apple Watch screen, pinpointing good and less good driving habits, hence helping the driver improve their behavior.
About AXA Drive Coach:
- The app enables the user to better understand and improve his/her driving behavior in a simple way.
- It records acceleration, braking and wheel-turning behavior, to then produce an overall assessment of how the user drives. The driver will also receive useful tips on how to improve his/her driving behavior - After the trip, it offers the possibility to compare the results with friends on social networks.
- The data collected by the AXA Drive Coach app are being anonymized and are used to better understand users driving behaviors to provide them with a constructive feedback. AXA will not use these data for any commercial purpose.
The AXA Drive app has been downloaded more than 700,000 times overall.
ABOUT THE AXA GROUP
The AXA Group is a worldwide leader in insurance and asset management, with 161,000 employees serving 103 million clients in 59 countries. In 2014, IFRS revenues amounted to Euro 92.0 billion and IFRS underlying earnings to Euro 5.1 billion. AXA had Euro 1,277 billion in assets under management as of December 31, 2014.
The AXA ordinary share is listed on compartment A of Euronext Paris under the ticker symbol CS (ISN FR 0000120628 – Bloomberg: CS FP – Reuters: AXAF.PA). AXA’s American Depository Share is also quoted on the OTC QX platform under the ticker symbol AXAHY.
The AXA Group is included in the main international SRI indexes, such as Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) and FTSE4GOOD.
It is a founding member of the UN Environment Programme’s Finance Initiative (UNEP FI) Principles for Sustainable Insurance and a signatory of the UN Principles for Responsible Investment.